Okay, I had a busy night last night, which also made it hard to fall asleep and I feel like I’m all behind today. Add to that meetings which bore the jujubes out of me and anyway, blogging has been hard to squeeze in until just this moment.
But last night, there a group of us were, minding our own business, when something incredible happened. We came across an object we never thought we’d see. And well, I think this photo explains the rest.
1. Read at least 10 more Anton Chekhov short stories to add to my progress starting from 50 of 201. Another! 60 of 201. Read his stories here free!
2. Finish reading both The Fire in Fiction and On Writing. No new progress.
3. Submit Trick or Tree to another writing contest. Finish Dog Shy and write at least one other short story, all to be submitted to contests. No new progress.
4. Write a flash fiction story. 2 flash fiction stories written so far.
5. Do at least one thing every week that increases my fluency in Spanish and Japanese. Check and check! Thanks to Teaching Tunes Tuesdays I’m keeping up with this one.
6. Finish feedback edits on SHADE and get it queried. Still in the midst of editing. I really had to do some major reworking on this one scene, and I’m not sure if I like it yet. It took me a few days of pondering. That just happens sometimes with writing. But I can’t see any other path so I’m sticking with it for now.
Bonus Goals. Code Name Clemmings has a little more of Chapter 3 but I had to stop right in the middle of a climax. It’s killing me. But that’s good in a way, though, because it drives me to get back to it.
Okay, it has to be a short excerpt for the business of today. So let’s see… 8-21-13… 8 lines down from Chapter 3, 2+1+1+3= 7 lines.
I can work either end of that spectrum when I need to, but for this assignment ordinary is extremely important—especially with my extraordinary ability to infuriate Mercedes.
But that’s just it. Ever since the dessert fiasco, my high alert has gone to almost zero. No attacks to avoid, not even on Alice. The only thing that sets my nerves on end is peace, because in my world peace is always an illusion. No matter what world you create or environment you set up, you can always find individuals who are eager to take power. We may strive for peace, but at the end of the day it only takes one to stir the pot of envy.
Even while writing about my protagonist Jade feeling anxious I felt her anxiety. Hopefully some of that gets communicated in this little excerpt.
How is your Row80 coming along? Run into the Doctor lately? Did you ever have those moments where you know something is coming, you just don’t know when? What does anxiety look like to you?
And coming soon, the 13th Doctor! 😉