I’m so sorry, you guys. I’m soooo late in putting out this post. It’s been a busy day, both on the net and IRL. I don’t have a picture for you to look at today, but there are plenty of entertaining things below. And big news. First the goals:
- Write at least 3 short stories intended for publication. I’ll probably try my hand at several more than three, but the hope is to find three gemstones among the rocks.
- Read the helpful books to prepare me for the editing fest that will be late November early December on SHADE.
Still working on Story. It’s been kind of busy lately, but if I can find a few spare hours I’m sure I can polish it off this week.
- Have read all 201 available Anton Chekhov’s short stories, sprinkled with Hemingway and Bradbury.
I’ve read 50 of 201 Chekhov short stories. No new progress.
- Polish SHADE to pure awesomeness. I’m still under 98,000 words with all the editing I was able to do, but there’s big Pitch Wars news coming below.
- Don’t Dessert December. So it’s my co-workers fault. No seriously! They brought in a froyo machine that will be running until the 21st. But at least it’s froyo, right? Right?! Aaaaaah!
- The Holiday Book Read! Okay, Pitch Wars teams have been announced, so now that it’s only medium stress to edit and not super high stress (at least it is right now), I’m fairly certain I can squeeze in a couple books. I’ll have to go over my library queue and see which books are the lucky ones.
AND NOW AN ANNOUNCEMENT
Pitch Wars teams were announced this morning and I am
pleased happy super-di-dooper ridiculously excited to announce that I’ve been selected as a mentee! My mentor is Marieke Nijkamp and I think we’re about as good a match as they come. We geek out over the same things, and most importantly, she’s excited about helping me. We’re going to pwn this contest!
When I read the email early this morning, I immediately jumped up and did this.
And then I might have done a little bit of this.
But I think I’ve got it contained now—at least while anyone at work is looking.
Yeah, I’m super, super, super excited about this and soooo glad I get to work with Marieke. I think this will be a lot of fun. Marieke and I have a team motto. It goes something like:
I’ll keep you update on our Pitch Wars progress. Right now we’re in polishing stage. Marieke will help me polish up SHADE as well as prepare a pitch she’ll send to participating agents in January.
I’m off to have some more celebratory froyo! Woot!