Since there’s still not much for picturesque scenes around town, I’m going to stick with my food motif. This delightful dish is a mountain of tempura. The BFF and I did yams, carrots, onions, and broccoli with a special homemade sauce. We weren’t able to climb this mountain all in one sitting (we did once before somehow), but if you broil them to heat them up, they make decent leftovers. This makes a nice Fall dish (since you can open the windows and air out the frying oil smell) but we tolerate it in the winter too. I mean, it’s tempura!
Now for the goals:
- Write at least 3 short stories intended for publication. I’ll probably try my hand at several more than three, but the hope is to find three gemstones among the rocks.
- Read the helpful books to prepare me for the editing fest that will be late November early December on SHADE.
I don’t know that I’ll finish up Story this week. Pitch Wars has been demanding all of my attention—particularly the query. More on that below.
- Have read all 201 available Anton Chekhov’s short stories, sprinkled with Hemingway and Bradbury.
I’ve read 50 of 201 Chekhov short stories. No new progress.
- Polish SHADE to pure awesomeness. No real progress to report. I’ve been working on the query steadily. I received a lot of great feedback from my writing group last night, and friends, so I’m sure I’ll have something awesome soon.
- No Treat November. I’ve been doing pretty well. I resisted trying these delicious looking ginger snaps. *sigh* I still kind of want some… But the goal’s the thing, so for now I’ll have to wait. Anyone have success with the one day a week you don’t go crazy but you can be a little looser? By the way, I’m thinking of calling December Don’t Dessert December. 😉
- The Holiday Book Read! I turned my books back in to the library yesterday. I’m going to spend the rest of this week prepping for Pitch Wars, then I’ll grab a couple new books from the library.
How about you? Do you have any favorite Fall/Winter foods? How are your goals coming? Anything putting your goals on hiatus that seemed to pop up out of nowhere? Let me know in the comments below.