Last night the BFF and I had a bunch of people over for pie night. These are two cinnamon pies we baked for the event. Mmmm….cinnalicious! Other peeps brought pumpkin pie, of course, but we also saw apple, Oreo, Reese’s PB cup, chocolate, and pecan tartlets. Yeah, it was a delicious night. Most pies were homemade, in fact I think only one of the pumpkins wasn’t—though it was from Costco, so still good. So good in fact I had a piece for breakfast. Yeah, I need to exercise today…
- Write at least 3 short stories intended for publication. I’ll probably try my hand at several more than three, but the hope is to find three gemstones among the rocks.
- Read the helpful books to prepare me for the editing fest that will be late November early December on Shade.
Progress on Story could be better. I blame Thanksgiving, although this long weekend will give me time to get things done.
- Have read all 201 available Anton Chekhov’s short stories, sprinkled with Hemingway and Bradbury.
I’ve read 50 of 201 Chekhov short stories. Now that I’ve hit 50 I’m switching, probably to Hemingway.
- Polish SHADE to pure awesomeness. I’ve made significant progress on this and plant to turn in my 250 words for the first contest later today.
- No Treat November. As evidenced above, we had pie night last night. Yeah… not so helpful. Tomorrow will be killer. ‘Tis the season though.
- The Holiday Book Read! I’m planning on using Abandon as break reading and general reading.
Okay, there you have it. Tomorrow there will be a Thanksgiving post but no Friday Flix this week. I really need to work on my novel since that is the point of all this in the first place. I hope you’re able to find some spare time this weekend too.
How about you? Will you have time to write this weekend or will your house be inundated with relatives? Or maybe you’re the one doing the inundating? Happy Thanksgiving! And for those not celebrating Thanksgiving, write a little extra for your fellow American writers who won’t be able to.