Unfortunately I’ve been unable to find many good pictures of leaves. This is an older one from a hike I went on a month or so ago. I would post winter wonderland pics, but currently we’re in this crusty snow and ugly brown trees stage. I’m not sure what Monday’s picture will yield. Maybe I’ll take a picture of the rabbit I molded from Babybel cheese wax. So there it is, you can look forward to a wax rabbit or snow depending on the weather. I know some of you will secretly be hoping for the wax rabbit. I can’t help but fashion those kinds of things into something, it’s just how my brain is wired.
On to the update:
- Write at least 3 short stories intended for publication. I’ll probably try my hand at several more than three, but the hope is to find three gemstones among the rocks.
No progress right now. I’ve been prepping the first 250 words of Shade for a contest. Once I’ve got it ready, I’ll get back to the short stories.
- Read the helpful books to prepare me for the editing fest that will be late November early December on Shade.
I’m making pretty good progress with this. It really comes down to getting on the train and getting it done. I’m halfway through Story and then On Writing will be next. Story is still pretty awesome. And as usual, I’m posting little nuggets of Robert McKee wisdom on Twitter. Enjoy!
- Have read all 201 available Anton Chekhov’s short stories, sprinkled with Hemingway and Bradbury.
I’ve read 43 of 201 Chekhov short stories.
- Once December hits, tear Shade apart and polish it to pure awesomeness! Shade’s first page is out and being polished. You’d be surprised how little and at the same time how much 250 words are. You really have to make them count if it’s all you get. Hopefully I can give myself a fighting chance with this contest.
- No Treat November. Still about 50/50 successful, but I’m glad to be making any kind of progress, even if it ends up only being maintain until Thanksgiving. Maintaining through the holidays is a special feat of its own.
- The Holiday Book Read! Started Abandon. I’m intrigued, but a little annoyed with how long it’s taking the story to just get to the point. She keeps talking about how this amazing thing happened to her and death, but doesn’t tell me what the amazing thing is. I’m not that far in though, so I’m still intrigued enough to keep going. I’m just proud I got one book in already! Woot!
For those of you not participating in Row80, all good. You can post your progress here. How are you coming on your Fall goals? Progress since last we chatted? What books are you currently reading or have recently finished? Are you losing motivation for your goals or are you on goal fire?